All SSM Rehabilitation Hospital services require a physician referral before admission can be considered
or treatment can be provided. To make a referral for the appropriate service
(Inpatient, Outpatient, Day Institute, Homeward Bound or Home Care rehabilitation).
SSM Rehabilitation Hospital continuum of care reference sheet
Day Institute Admission Criteria
Continuum of Services
To qualify for admission and benefit from SSM Rehabilitation Hospital's Day Institute Program, individuals
must meet certain criteria regarding their health and rehabilitation needs and abilities.
- Must require comprehensive transdisciplinary therapy program 3-5 days a week.
- Minimum of 2 therapy services and service of either therapeutic recreation, neuropsychology,
or social services.
- Willing to participate in community re-integration and other recreational activities
as determined by the individual plan of care.
- Must be a Level V (confused, appropriate) on the Ranchos Los Amigos Scale of Cognitive
- Would benefit from a structured environment to learn functional care skills.
- Is able and willing to participate in both group and individual treatments.
- Is under the care of a physician as the primary provider of medical care.
- Is able to use adult-sized equipment.
- Is able to actively participate in toileting utilizing a handicap-accessible restroom.
- A prescription from a physician is necessary to initiate all services.
Referral / Admission Process - Day Institute
A physician referral is required to participate in
the SSM Rehabilitation Hospital Day Institute services.
Patients and Families: Please ask
your physician for a referral.
Physicians and Physician Offices Staff:
Please contact the Day Institute Case Manager to make a referral:
Arnold Day Institute
4 Arnold Park Mall
Arnold, MO 63010
Case Manager / Admissions: Carolyn Lococo, (636) 282-0125
Fax: (636) 282-0057
Hazelwood Day Institute
1 Village Square Center, Suite A
Hazelwood, MO 63042
Case Manager / Admissions: Suzanne Mantro, (314) 731-4555
Fax: (314) 551-6105
Lake St. Louis Day Institute
2 Harbor Bend Court, Suite 102
Lake St. Louis, MO 63367
Case Manager / Admissions: Suzanne Mantro, (636) 695-2070
Fax: (636) 695-2080