All SSM Rehabilitation Hospital services require a physician referral before admission
can be considered or treatment can be provided. To make a referral, please contact
our Admissions office at:
Admission Criteria for Inpatient Rehabilitation
SSM Rehabilitation Hospital Nurse Liaisons are available to review the individual
care needs of patients in the hospital, as well as patients in other care settings,
who you feel could benefit from inpatient rehabilitation.
INDICATORS FOR ACUTE INPATIENT REHABILITATION:
- The patient must require the active and ongoing need for multiple therapy disciplines
(physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, or prosthetics/orthotics),
one of which must be physical or occupational therapy.
- The patient must generally require an intensive rehabilitation therapy program.
This intensive rehabilitation therapy program generally consists of at least 3 hours
of therapy per day at least 5 days per week.
- The patient must reasonably be expected to actively participate in, and benefit
significantly from, the intensive rehabilitation therapy program at the time of
admission to the acute rehabilitation hospital.
- The patient must require physician supervision by a rehabilitation physician, defined
as a licensed physician with specialized training and experience in inpatient rehabilitation.
The requirement for medical supervision means that the rehabilitation physician
must conduct face-to-face visits with the patient at least 3 days per week throughout
the patient's stay in the IRF to assess the patient both medically and functionally,
as well as to modify the course of treatment as needed to maximize the patient's
capacity to benefit from the rehabilitation process.
- The patient must require an intensive and coordinated interdisciplinary approach
to providing rehabilitation.
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:
- Patient Demographics
- Patient Name
- Patient Diagnosis
- Location of Patient
- Insurance Information
- When will the patient be ready to transfer?
- Referral Contact Name and Phone Number
To make a referral for the appropriate service (Inpatient, Outpatient, Day Institute,
Homeward Bound or Home Care rehabilitation).
SSM Rehabilitation Hospital continuum of care reference sheet
Continuum of Services